Friday, August 29, 2014

My name is Angelo Tavares, I'm a Brazilian student of the Brazilian Program Science Without Borders that have been the opportunity to some citizens to study in another country to improve the foreign language and the knowledge in science and technology in some fields of study. My major is Management Engineering and I have professional experience in human resource area. I like to study about many areas, so I decided choose this course.

About what I like to do in my free time, I can say that I never like to stay alone. Every time I like to stay with my friends and my family doing anything. I like to visit my friends, go to the park to walk and run, play volleyball, go to the gym and others things related to healthcare. I like to spent time with these things that make me feel better.

I think that the U.S. is a good place to live. I have already visited her for twice but just to enjoy in the Disneyworld and in the Outlets in Florida. This is my first time in another city no related to tourism and my first impression is positive about it.

In Brazil I grow up in Sao Paulo that is one of the biggest cities of the world. Include this, Sao Paulo have big problems like socials differences that is the principal of the another problems like security, health, education, poverty, hungry and a lot of others problems that the differences between rich and poor people may show us. One of the big problems that in few days here I can feel better is about the traffic jam. In Sao Paulo you spent a lot of your free time inside the car practically stopped inside the car in a hot sun. Here I can do everything that I want inside the campus by walk. For me it's a great benefit to my health mental. Really the traffic jam makes me feel very stressed.

I haven't seen nothing about WIU and Macomb before. In the Brazilian Program I just choose the country and the government, with the representative organization in the U.S. IIE, chose the University to me. When I arrived here I was very surprised with the structure of the University and the campus at all.

My goals in this one year and a half that I will spent here is make me fluent in English and learn the maximum that I can about the American culture. Of course that learn about my major in American view is included in this goals.

After my time here, when I comeback to Brazil I want finally my undergraduate and continue my master in engineering to find a good job in a multinational company. These are my academics and professionals goals in medium time. In a personal view I wanna get married and take care of my little pets and help my parents wherever they need.

This is a small presentation about myself to you know more information about me. I'm so glad to stay here and I hope improve my English in this course.

Thank you for all!!

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to Sao Paolo, but I agree with you about the wasted life inside a car! I hate sitting in traffic. To me it is preferable to live somewhere in which I can walk to meet most of my daily needs!

    ReplyDelete